Sunday 13 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Cover Illustration.



Using the existing castle design I had been working with in terms of my initial design drawings, and which I have now go on to apply to my bookmark design, I decided to make the castle/clouds design my "brand" aesthetic for the 'Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm' September '200 Books 200 Schools' cover design, as it is so commonly referred to in the stories, and signifies the "happily ever after" that is used to end so many of the tales. 

Playing around a little with composition and layout until I had something I'm happy with (see the design screenshot directly above) before going on to generate more designs, do all of my preflight checks, and get the book sent off to print as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment