Saturday 19 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Abril Fatface, Adapted.



Today, wanting to create/use a new typeface to balance the direction I am following with the new body copy used in a serif type (Cardiff), I decided I also wanted to use a serif typeface for the cover and title pages which would reflect the classic nature of the stories in a decorative and elegant way.
Yesterday, I found the typeface 'Abril Fatface' which I felt would work quite well, though there were a few terminals and serifs which I felt would benefit from alteration for a tidier and more uniform look- making the terminals completely rounded, the serifs flat, etc.
After working alongside the body copy 'Cardiff' typeface, I'm quite pleased with how it's looking, and hope that it'll work well with my forthcoming illustrative designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment