Friday 25 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Photographs to edit for final boards.



Photographs taken this morning ready to edit for my design boards for module submission later on today. Need to adjust the colour balance, and cropping of the images (taking pictures in my bedroom I may as well be taking pictures in a cave...) as well as potentially cloning and tidying up some of my produced outcomes- such as the inner margin of the book shown in the close up, which, admittedly, was produced really quickly, and, ordinarily, twenty-four hours should be waited after first pressing the cover onto a perfect bound book. I had half an hour. Whoops. Time for some Photoshop trickery.


Despite unfortunately not having the time to design and print all of my illustrations for my book/editorial design, I was really pleased with the brilliant white bulky newsprint stock, which created a great balance of good colour reproduction and print along with a slightly grainy texture which suits the content and themes of the stories, with an often dark or sinister undertone, which, again, I tried to replicate in the use of darker tones within my colour palette in balance with the pastel blue and light greys on the cover design.

No comments:

Post a Comment