Tuesday 15 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Printing.



Due to 30% time constraints, 30% blind optimism, and 40% procrastination, unfortunately I will no longer have time to get my book design printed by Blurb as I had originally intended.

Pretty disappointed with myself, but the stress of trying to get the (30 odd) illustrations produced on time has resulted in only not getting the work done, and getting insomnia instead. Ideally, I wanted to get the book produced by Blurb to ensure that I could meet the quality that I aspire to within all my printed designs, as well as, hopefully, saving a bit of time to boot.

As a result, I will now go on to bind the book myself, using the perfect bind format this is used in traditional paperback printing, as well as what I have previously experimented with myself in the Image OUGD205 module, which was quite successful. Of course, a bit of tweaking will be needed re the spine width, but I will go on to continue to use the format that has been provided by Blurb, as this will ensure as professional a cut and print job as possible.

I will go on to try and source suitable stock, looking for a lightweight matte card for the outer cover, and a bulky newsprint stock for the pages (72 pages over 37 spreads).

REALLY need to get a move on with illustrations and design in general, a lack of confidence is getting in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment