Monday 14 November 2011

Design Production for Print//Mailshot Booklet Development.






Development of my mailshot booklet design- an informative and persuasive tool for delivery with my mailshot presentation box, and measured to the same 80x161mm measure to fit snuggly into the box. Again, I decided to use the green colour for consistency- this was working throughout the designs and I feel the green and the blue tones work well reflecting the aura and aesthetics of Wes' films, whilst the single spot colour (with varying tints) helps to ensure it is kept minimal and as sophisticated as possible. Although I intend to print the range of six colour posters from my original colour palette, in all other areas of my design outcomes I shall try to retain this green/blue colour palette to keep the designs neatly tied in with one another.
Again, keeping consistent with style, format, colour, and type- playing around with composition and layout as I went along, and adding hand-vectored infographic information as I went along (the map, above, shall be used in another print outcome).
Again, I really would have liked to have been able to spend more time on this- I feel there's a lot more that I could have experimented with, and achieved a greater design as a result. However, time is pressing on. I'll look forward to hearing feedback in the crit session tomorrow, and hopefully then can go on to make any necessary ammendments before my alloted print session on Friday afternoon (also need to decide whether or not to print laser or digital- digital is cheaper, more representative of the colour, but laser emulates the quality that would be used in a professional environment- as these designs would be printed in a short run of lithographic prints (approx 768 boxes made- this caters for 50% of the seating in the picture house [257 seats /2= 128 x6 
[nights]= 768).

No comments:

Post a Comment