Monday 21 November 2011

Good Is//Design Production for Print//Reward Scheme Card.


Today, of all days, I came up with a new idea for my mailshot pack- to add more persuasion to the inform, educate and persuade elements of my concept and delivery proposal (...failing)- I considered the idea of a reward scheme card, whereupon you would get an image stamped on your card for each film you saw in the Wes Anderson Film Festival- receiving 10% with every next film you saw in the week there after- 
hopefully giving more incentive to return.


Playing around with typefaces in the family of Futura/Wisdom Script I have used throughout my designs- Light Italic worked the best (Futura) as opposed to Bold- looked slightly edgier and more modern than it's bold counterpart- given the opportunity, I would have liked to use this weight more in my design outcomes- I think it suits my concept and visual outcome- looking contemporary whilst still remaining true to it's 
Wes Anderson origins with Futura.


I decided to print the icon images chosen from my repeat pattern prints which I think summarised and best represented each of the six individual films to be shown at the Festival. Printing in greyscale to define when a film has been seen at The Picture House- with a coloured (it's assigned spot colour) sticker over the top of the icon- see image below.

Again, I think that the greyscale works quite well with the Pantone Green U spot colour- would have liked to experiment with this more- perhaps in a future project!


(l-r) Icons for: 'Bottle Rocket', 'Rushmore', 'The Royal Tenenbaums', 'The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou', 'The Darjeeling Limited' and 'Fantastic Mr. Fox'

Again, I really wish I'd thought of this (simple) idea sooner- I could have incorporated it into my project long ago to make it more of a fun, sort of souvenir- based event- acting as more of a persuasive design outcome than I currently have. Still, I have included it into my mailshot pack, as it fits in with my design content, though, ideally, I wish it had a little more background and context.

Living and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment