Monday 21 November 2011

Good Is//Design Production for Print//Debossing.



Throughout my weeks of experimenting with print formats and finishes, I've found that many of the more visually eye-catching methods such as spot varnishes and foils don't suit either the stock, or the subject matter for my project- the indie cool Art House Film Festival (set at The Hyde Park Picture House) would neither be fitting for reflecting the subtle and sophisticated films themselves, or the budget of the Picture House, in realistic terms. Already spending money on individual spot colours- some of the more elaborate finishes may be too costly.

Having experimented with emboss and debossing briefly, ideally, in professional print production a mould for the deboss (the finish I have eventually chosen to act as a "stamp" for logos throughout the printed media) would be made and act as a press to create the pattern relief in the stock (a very crude example above- I cut the shape for the back of the mailshot box in greyboard)- however, due to time constraints, I have unfortunately not been able to take this further. Therefore, again, very crudely, I have created a deboss effect with my embossing tools- and, given more time, would apply this to all the logos used in the mailshot printed media for a touch of the aforementioned subtle sophistication that is represented in Wes' films.

No comments:

Post a Comment