Monday 21 November 2011

Good Is//Design Production for Print//Hotdog Booklets.







Unable to print the hotdog booklet film companion guides at their original scale at such short notice, compromises, unfortunately, have had to have been made. I originally attempted to scale to fit A3 in the mac suites at Uni- but the texture that the laser print gave to the cartridge stock (and stock, in general) was far too "plastic"- the coating making the designs have a slightly tacky gloss which resulted in weave and 
colour damage when folded- not at all ideal.



Compromising yet again, I printed the designs from my inkjet printer at home- now tiny in comparison to their original scale (now shrunk to fit A4)- not an ideal situation whatsoever, but merely an example of my layouts, format and colours, if nothing else. In my final mailshot delivery box I have added the unfinished 'Fantastic Mr. Fox' booklet to represent scale- along with the 6 x smaller hotdog booklets for text and image reference. Again, apologies- wish I could amend this and thought about it/designed it sooner- I solemnly swear I never 
want to fall behind on a module ever again.















Again- a little dissapointed with the outcomes, but okay considering their quick turn around time (I would have impressed myself greatly this time last year...). The colours and patterns would work, but would certainly need more consideration and attention for professional production for print.

All in all, I really wish I'd just added more variation to my mailshot box- or make it more of a "show stopping" conversation piece with interesting use of net design/print finishes- feel a little underwhelmed considering how much time I have spent over the project. Hopefully the research and content will help me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment