Monday 14 November 2011

Design Production for Print//Poster Range.



To more effectively communicate the range of films with the Festival (as well as my colour palette, making this more apparent in my existing designs) I decided to make a range of posters for the promotional campaign with duotone layering over existing screenshots from the films. When in duotone, it was amazing to see the colour differences from their original solid pantone swatch in Illustrator- though I still feel they are effective communicators, and the varying compositions give a unique and almost collectable feel to each one.
Working and sourcing the photographs alone has proved quite challenging- finding images from the films to edit at 1MB (reasonable resolution size file) or above has been very tough- and as a result cannot print at the original scale- but printing at 25% the original train station 4-sheet size, 375x250mm in order to retain the appearance of resolution quality. However, I have gone on to Photoshop these as proposals for train stations and bus station advertising spaces (see below).





All bus stop Photoshop images were edited with the format and photography from the picture above- thank you!
A great, large file size and really easy to work with in terms of editing my designs. Being able to see them this clearly, I realise there's a great deal I would still like to change- the positioning of some of the photographs in particular- again, a limitation due to resources- some of the images would benefit from not so overlaid with text- Bottle Rocket and Fantastic Mr Fox in particular- I hope to return to these tomorrow and make a few more tweaks to the designs to get them just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment