Sunday 6 November 2011

Design Production for Print//Design Drawings.


Images of the design boards that I have been working on in the past day- with a bit of RSI I called it a halt, perhaps a little prematurely on some aspects on my design sheets- though, overall, I'm quite happy with the developments I've made- and it's certainly opened me up to new ideas- and lots more design outcomes which I now feel happy to go on and pursue- and am definitely excited about starting more digital work and design developments. Deifnitely a little more technical than I intended- but for me, I find this is the best way to process my ideas and just get them down on the page. In the later stages of design and product development I will draw more detailed three-dimensional drawings and add colour (my current Copic pens felt a little too dense for the paper? Need to look into this).


Getting my ideas down- from my mind down to the paper- as you can see, lots and lots of design paths which I found were available to me- really, it's just a matter of distinguishing which paths are worth pursuing, and how I design and develop each one.


Condensing my list to eighteen design outcomes, as opposed to my original twenty-four... still a heck of a lot to do, but really it's just a matter of keeping organised- and I know I can produce it, and be proud to add the project to my portfolio of work- in both a personal and professional environment.


The images above show the progress of my design developments- and after a good few hours working on each sheet, few quite happy with the results, and, as aforementioned, feel happy, and ready, to go onto the next step of my design process (at last!). The design drawings, perhaps still a little "techy" are far more expressive and carefree than my usual work- and, consequently, I managed to get a lot more down on the page- as soon as an idea came, it was down- if a little messy to look at (oh, well!). The design drawings span from mailshot presentation boxes to billboard poster campaigns- and can be seen more closely when zoomed in. As I progress on to digital design, nets of particular design outcomes will be fashioned, as well as sizes and scales being 
more accurately specified.

No comments:

Post a Comment