Monday 21 November 2011

Good Is//Design Production for Print//Reflections.


Things I should have done/would do if given more time to focus on the 'Good Is' project (aside from changing the idea completely... of course)-

- Made more of an "event" of my mailshot box- made it more structured- compartmetalised- more of a "gift" then just a bog-standard net box.

- Focus on creating more of a balance between style and substance- just because I research something a lot- doesn't necessarily mean it's going to automatically look wonderful when I put it on a page.

- Experiment more with formats- initially, I think I did this to act as a comfort blanket- giving myself some restrictions to channel my direct more- in hindsight, I should have worked on my designs, specified this and THEN played with formats- not the other way round.

- Look at more contemporary examples of festival design for inspiration- and allow myself to be directly influenced by this- it's about the festival as much as it is about Wes Anderson films

- CRAFT MORE PROFESSIONALLY. Tiredness shouldn't be an excuse, but for this module, it was- and a lack of money. Bad times.


- Look at wayfinding, and more sources of outdoor advertising and promotion- be more creative.


- CREATIVE CONCEPTS. Don't be scared and bland. Go nuts.

- Limit my colours- sure, each colour represents each film, but it's too difficult to work with such a large colour palette- being more minimal would have given me more opportunity to experiment with layouts and designs without worrying too much about each individual film.

- QUALITY NOT QUANTITY. With little confident with my designs, I tried to over compensate with producing bulk- it doesn't work- you just end up with A LOT of work you don't like, as opposed to one rather good outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment