Wednesday 16 November 2011

Good Is//Design Production for Print//Edited Posters & Outdoor Advertising.



After today's feedback crit session it was suggested to me that I reconsider the format of my posters- not a complete design overhaul, but aligning work centrally, and just a little bit more visual attention to detail. Originally, I left aligned the text at the top in fear of manipulating the image too much, but after a little re-arrangement, the designs do look considerably better for it (I think). Decided to keep the left/centre/right align at the bottom for interest and the distinction that the information is something different and slightly detached (contact details and address).
There are still a few things, in an ideal world I'd like to change- for example, the text obscuring faces on both the 'The Royal Tenenbaums' and 'The Darjeeling Limited' posters a little more than I would have originally liked, although this would effect the resolution of the images considerably.
In a professional print environment I would be expecting to work with much larger stock file sizes, and therefore, this wouldn't be such an issue- though a not too disgruntled a compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment