Saturday 12 November 2011

Design Production for Print//Mailshot Booklet Net.



A quick mock up for pagination and layout for my mailshot information booklet. The top format was based upon a really quick mock up in order to establish my page amount- the bottom being scaled to the accurate 83x160mm measurements (in a cheque book-like composition) which will fit inside of my mailshot presentation box. In my original drawn designs I had intended (and proposed) first to create a separate book for each film- but now I have scaled it down to something far more informative of the overall Festival, condensed- 
and to the point. 
Also, I had considered creating a double gatefold fold presentation for the booklet- one half being about the festival in general, the second about Wes Anderson, as in my feedback throughout the weeks it has been noted that people wanted to find out more about the films, but essentially, mostly about the director himself- and to be persuaded that these are films they need to see.
Thinking this would be a little too fussy/elaborate for a simple mailshot, I have created a flip reverse design by which one half contains festival information, and the second about Wes- meeting in the middle and rotated- distinguishing two separated books, but in one publication- a fun, simple way of addressing the two areas without seeming too heavy or full on.

No comments:

Post a Comment