Thursday 5 May 2011

InDesign Workshop: Photographs of Beth.


I chose my three favourite photographs from the afternoon half-hour session with Beth to go on to edit...with the intention to use one in the final DPS design, along with a body of text and supporting graphic design work she has produced. I decided to use a dark grey back drop for the image as this would allow her t-shit colour to blend in, and, with hope, really make her facial features "pop" for a strong and bold portrait...


Increasing the vibrance of the image affected the colour channel, making the grey in the image appear to be a more teal-green-like colour. I was really pleased with this result as I believe it added a lot more life and character to the image- very reflective of Beth's own personality and design style.


Out of curiosity, I cropped the image and de-saturated...although It works as a portrait alone, I feel that some of her features were lost in contrast and that the image looked a little too flat- not quite expressive enough to portray Beth's lively and fun personality.


I liked the composition of this image, and the fact it was introducing another element with the rigged light, however, I wanted something with a bit more character still- and with complete focus on Beth herself.


For me, this was the real "money shot"- great vibrance in the teal colouring which really makes the red highlights within her hair colour pop, making for a really bright and bold portrait. Also, being a candid image, I feel that it truly expresses Beth, and the fun and laughter she has every day within her own personality and design. Really pleased with this image, and I'm looking forward to encorporating it into my InDesign work throughout the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment