Tuesday 17 May 2011

Speaking from Experience: Logo Design.


Creating some basic logos for my design booklets, posters and tea towels- the colour was chosen through experimenting with the shades chosen for my vector designs- an aqua-like colour PANTONE 3385 EC which I think works quite well- very fresh and still close enough to the connoting palette colour of green- giving a sense and appearance of the connections to health and vitality that I have mentioned previously in my designs.
I chose the typeface 'Franklin Gothic Demi'- again, through experimentation. It works well with my designs and is bold enough to withstand my variety of printing processes without getting lost in the weave of fabric, against the food vector illustrations, etc.

Still unsure as to which logo I'll use- it'll be a matter of seeing what works best with surrounding images, type and my chosen layout, though second down on the right is probably my favourite so far- really simple and not too obtrusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment