Monday 2 May 2011

Speaking from Experience: Concept, Content, and Method of Delivery Boards.


More ideas for my presentation boards for Friday. Still not sure which designs to pick, but I feel these are far stronger than my initial ideas. I have often found myself falling into the trap of over-complicating designs...I really hope that this brief I can give myself a lesson in "simplification"...choosing a particular style direction that will force me to look at shape and form of image as opposed to embellishments.
I keep finding myself frustrated at my work, that it doesn't meet briefs, or communicate well. Although Design has always played a huge part in my life, for the past few weeks, with so much thinking and excess time due to holidays, breaks etc...it's occurred to me how much I care about it, and feel the absolute need to do it right...the pressure is mounting...


The monochrome colouring wasn't really what I wanted to portray in my designs, but I could also experiment with colour. Trying to keep it to a colour minimum now...in reflection, my first design sheets weren't quite consistent enough. Try and keep it to two colours plus stock. Again, definate consideration needed before printing for presentation on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment