Monday 16 May 2011

Speaking from Experience: Papercraft Sticker additions.



One of my latest additions in response to the progress crit on Friday- adding information stickers to the back of my paper crafted items to give insight and information into the food product, as well as when I would best advise the product to be eaten- during a stressful crit to relax, a difficult piece of CTS coursework to focus your mind, etc.

I have chosen the primary or focus colour from each of my papercraft products as the background, and with the white text reversed out, which I think here is far more eye-catching. I used the typeface Tw Cen MT Condensed Extra Bold in Illustrator- bold, rounded and simple- reflecting the style of many of my more geometric shapes throughout my paper craft designs.

I have created the labels in both rectangular and circular shapes- to reflect what you would usually see on the products- circular for fresh fruit, whereas packets would have print space for finer details and information.

I quite like this design- it's subtle yet informative. With my plans of the instillation, people will be initially intrigued by the objects, and then discover the notes later- creating an unobtrusive and inviting "learning experience".

It feels as though I haven't blogged in a long while, though I have been hard at work creating my paper craft items. On Wednesday I plan to have everything finished to set up and photograph, and then the editing, hot dog fold booklet and poster designs will emerge from that also. A busy week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment