Sunday 1 May 2011

Speaking From Experience: Primary Research- Sourcing Foodstuffs.



Creating a simple check-list and primary research form to generate information about stockists of the particular energy-rich foods in the local-to-University-area. I have decided, for the moment, to focus upon the locations found and the distance of these shops to University. Whilst I think cost is also an important factor- this is a changabable variable and costs are likely to differ between now and September...also, many of the items aren't specific enough. For example, salmon could be found in sandwiches, fillets, whole fish items...I am going to attempt to source the items in as natural their form as possible, but as long as they are a main feature ingredient within a food or drink item- they will be recorded.
I will start my sourcing tomorrow morning, having printed fifteen check-lists (I will probably focus on the top 10 closest to the building), but being a bank holiday (May day), many of the smaller, independent sandwich and smoothie shops around the university building will be closed until Tuesday...where I shall hopefully conclude the sourcing in the morning before my type and grid workshop session in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment