Monday 2 May 2011

Speaking from Experience: Sourcing food and drink products in the local area.


Beginning to search around the local area for shops which store the twenty-four key energy-rich food and drinks in their stores (I may reduce the number of items according to my results at a later stage). Due to Bank Holiday opening hours, not as many shops are open as I would have liked to look around, but will continue with my research tomorrow morning also. These are the results I have found thus far...


Research so far from five of the largest food and drink outlets in Leeds: 
-Sainsburys Local
-Holland and Barrett
-Sainsburys
-Morrisons
-Waitrose

Although these shops were clearly well-stocked, being established and national (if not global!) brands, I would really like to focus on the smaller shops around the university building- the sandwich and smoothie independent shops that depend so heavily upon the student population- a quick and easy source of food, literally just popping over the road. I will hopefully have more chance to develop research from these places tomorrow before my afternoon workshop session.

No comments:

Post a Comment