Sunday 8 May 2011

Type and Grid Designs.



For my type and grid design developments from Lorenzo's workshop, I decided to use the high-end article from 'Oh Comely' magazine (issue five) which highlighted and gave recipes for porridge dishes from around the world. 
The grid structure I designed, shown above the magzine, was formed in an eight-column structure with the slightly more complex of the two layouts, as I fancied a bit of a challenge!


My complete series of sixteen designs- the eight on the top two rows of more conventional and structured designs, whilst the eight below were more abstract layouts and unconventional designs.
Personally, I felt far more at ease with the structured designs and felt the expansion and developments of the layouts were far more natural.


I would really like to have continued my experimentation and developing my layout designs, though, unfortunately, at half an hour each to draw, I have to prioritise and balance my time between other projects within the module. If I manage to find more time between Tuesday's workshop session and the module hand in, I would definately like to expand my type and grid designs. Although I haven't always found it easy to motivate myself into the design work, I find it quite enjoyable and educational once I really get stuck in, and I definately feel that the type and grid workshops we have experienced have taught me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment