Monday 23 May 2011

Speaking from Experience: End of Project Evaluation.



This 'Speaking from Experience' brief has given me a lot of insight into my own, and other design practices. I feel as though my work has evolved greatly, and I am now able to analyse my work more fluidly as I design, as opposed to afterwards in reflection.

My initial plan was to create photographs which depicted high-energy diet recipes, constructed from paper food craft items. Whilst it was an interesting experience creating the nets and experimenting with different colours and stocks, I couldn't achieve the quality of design I desired in the short time frame.

Fortunately, this time, the realisation came soon enough to turn my project around- creating a series of vector-based designs for a "designer diet" information and advisory pack, including a swatch book of recipes, nutritional information cards, and printed tea towel designs.

Whilst I'm disappointed that my initial design plans and method of delivery was compromised, which led me to fall back into my illustrative "comfort zone", the kind and positive feedback I have received from fellow students and classmates has led me to believe that my project is a suitable, and of viable use to a first year Graphic Design student, in accordance to the project brief.

Whilst I think that my research and development has been of positive effect on my final designs, I really would have liked more time to experiment with the visual outcome, and experimented- testing my own ability and perceptions of the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment